I want to feature your character portraits and names in the game itself, and have already added two portraits to the mod. If any of you play Stellaris, I will be releasing the mod on the Steam Workshop when it is complete.
Here is a sample image of Zhee-Ra, my main. Basically, in order to add her to the game, I need to cut out the background, and resize her into a dds file that the game uses for portraits. If you are interested, I would request a picture of your Argonian as follows:
1. Be in the login screen with the character and desired armor.
2. Minimize weapon exposure. In the picture above Zhee has a staff. That is perfectly okay, but a weapon like a longsword will be harder to crop out.
3. Try to make it at the same rough angle as Zhee in the picture. She's gazing off in the distance at about a 5-15 degree angle offset.
4. Maximize your graphics settings before you take the shot! I want the quality to be as consistent as possible.
5. Make sure to zoom in as far as you can. With Zhee's picture, I am zoomed all the way in. Don't worry about the play button there, I have to cut a lot of the lower end of the image anyway.
So when you finally take your shot, simply use the printscreen button that you have beside the scroll lock key that you may have never knew existed. This captures your screen at the time of press. Then paste the image in paint or another graphics program like GIMP or Photoshop and export it as a .png file.
EDIT: If for some reason you get a black screen when pasting into an image editing program, try to take the picture in ESO using Fixed Windowed or Windowed mode instead of Fullscreen. I have received reports of people only seeing a black screen when they paste it to paint for instance, but taking it in Fixed Windowed mode solved the problem.
Here's a few samples of what I have added so far.
This is Zhee after the crop. Sadly, this isn't the same exact picture as you can see from her wardrobe change. I don't actually have the original picture for that... whoops!
This is Kra'at, my former main. I was smart here and actually saved the original image for him, but this is what the final image looks like after I remove the background.
Currently, I only have my two Argonians in the game, but I wish to add many many more, hopefully at least 20 portraits in total. More may be made depending on how many people I get volunteering!
If any of you are interested I'd love to add you in the mod! Along with the portrait, I'd be adding your names to the game as well so please throw me some Argonian names, even if you don't have a submission. Anything from uesp.net won't work though as I already have all those names from that pool, except the Argonian namelists from Arena. Their names were weird there... Anyway, if you have any questions you can contact me ingame using the @Crzykiddo tag or replying here, thanks!
Here is the imgur link for update on my progress http://imgur.com/a/a2Tv5